We live today in a highly volatile world. Uncertainties for tomorrow abound. The world we knew is already gone. Yet, the future emerges both quickly and slowly. Changes appear to be very rapid, yet sometimes they surprise us with a pace that is not so fast.
Access to our AI Assistants
The world is the theatre of heightening tensions. Threats abound. Insecurity spreads. War has come back. The impacts of human activity on the planet and beyond create immense challenges and completely novel geopolitical stakes.
How can we make sense of this changing world that could also become inhospitable? How can we take good decisions for the future? How can we anticipate, repair, adapt?
Our philosophy is to help you meet the need for strategic foresight and early warning in a world of complex uncertainties.
An understanding of geopolitics grounded in knowledge and experience, spearheaded by PhDs
A strong methodology developed by scientists and adapted to complex issues
Imagination, system-thinking and thinking out of the box
Think-Tank and Publications
More than a website, a path to handle geopolitics and uncertainty
To understand this changing world and foresee what could happen, we have a twin approach. We mix methodology as well as research and analysis on real world issues with geopolitical and international security stakes.
We publish these articles here on the website to help you discover strategic foresight, early warning besides geopolitical issues and their stakes.
If you are new to geopolitics and strategic foresight and warning, the video we created as a trailer for our training will give you some first introductory insight.
Our latest articles
- The war in Gaza and China’s pivot to the Middle East(Art direction and design: Jean-Dominique Lavoix-Carli) Given the speed and political density of the historic sequence opened by the Gaza war, the first article in this new RTAS series covers only the period from 7 to 27 October 2023. Introduction: A new war in a new Middle East On 27 October 2023, Israel’s military launched …
- How to Create New Civilizations (1)? Challenges and Pressures(Art direction and design: Jean-Dominique Lavoix-Carli) The first decades of the 21st century present human societies with many challenges. At times, it appears our very civilizations are at stake. Can we create new better-adapted civilizations? What are the alternatives? What can we learn from the works that have examined the history of civilisations? Between the …
- The Red Team Analysis Society selected for Frontex June 2023 Industry DaysWe are happy to share with our readers our selection for Frontex June 2023 Industry days. Frontex explains what are its Industry days as follows: “Frontex assists the EU countries in supporting the development of modern technologies for the European Border and Coast Community. As part of its mandate, Frontex regularly meets with industry, researchers, …
- Climate Breakdown: Towards War to Reduce CO2 Emissions?(Art direction and design: Jean-Dominique Lavoix-Carli) “Climate breakdown has begun” warned UN Secretary-General António Guterres in a statement released on 6 September 2023. Globally, throughout the 2023 Summer, the world has lived through the beginning of the turmoil and havoc that climate change and related temperature rise bring. Repeated heatwaves, related air pollution “with knock-on …
- Climate Emergency, AI and the (Necessary ?) Rise of GeoengineeringIn the 2002 post-apocalyptic-movie “Reign of fire”, the last human colonies are exterminated by dragons burning the remnants of already poor crops. In 2023, the emergence of an early and powerful El Niño event amid the planetary effects of global warming raises the question of its geopolitical consequences in a world rocked by the war …
- Challenge Your Beliefs with the AI SphinxTry Sphinx to challenge your beliefs, assumptions and hypotheses. Sphinx is an AI assistant designed to challenge assumptions, reinforce arguments, and identify blind spots. It uses OpenAI’s GPT3.5 model and the Red Team Analysis Society’s methodology and knowledge base to provide a devil’s advocate perspective. In this article, we also explore the importance of challenging assumptions and showcase what Sphinx can achieve with the example of climate change.
- Exploring cascading impacts with AIStrategic foresight, early warning and risk management require evaluating possible impacts beyond direct effects. Explore cascading effects with Pithia’s AI-powered form. Discover what could be the cascading impacts of a very rapid adoption of generative AI across actors in the Western world… as identified by our AI.
- War in Ukraine, the 2023 Super El Niño and Global Disruptions – Anthropocene Wars 8Since its very outbreak in March 2022, the geopolitical and economic effects of the war in Ukraine have combined with the cascading consequences of climate change (Jean-Michel Valantin, “War in Ukraine, The U.S Mega drought and the Coming Global Food Crisis”, The Red Team Analysis Society, May 1, 2022). In 2023, it is very likely that …
- Foreseeing the Future with ChatGPT?Discover how AI, particularly GPT-like models, can help anticipate the future, and why it matters in the fields of geopolitics and security. In this series of articles, we explore how to ensure technology remains a tool to serve us rather than becoming a slave to it. The first article looks at what GPT models are, why they matter in terms of jobs and occupations, and tests ChatGPT on a specific foresight question.
Some customers and references
We strive to build a relationship of trust with every client. We do not publicize our work for our clients. We do not mention the name of our private and public clients when the work is confidential.
Here are some of customers and references we can mention:
EESTI MALU INSTITUUT ･ ALTERRE BOURGOGNE-FRANCHE-COMTE ･ ESFSI ･ CIVIPOL ･ EUROPEAN COMMISSION (PROGRAMS COUNTER-TERRORISM AND PREVENTION OF RADICALISATION) ･ AXA ･ RESOCLUB ･ PJ – SCRC – ONSTS ･ BPI FRANCE ･ NATO INNOVATION CENTER ･ OECD – SWISS CHANCELLERY ･ ARF ･ EEAS ･ TUIC ･ EUROPEAN COMMISSION – LEAGUE OF ARAB STATE LIAISON OFFICE (EC-LASLO) ･ LIFE DEFENSE NATURE ･ SCPO-PSIA ･ ANSSI ･ WEF ･ NORDIS ･ GCSP ･ AXA FUND FOR RESEARCH AND IFRI ･ LUTHER COLLEGE ･