We live today in a highly volatile world. Uncertainties for tomorrow abound. The world we knew is already gone. Yet, the future emerges both quickly and slowly. Changes appear to be very rapid, yet sometimes they surprise us with a pace that is not so fast.
Access for our AI Assistants
The world is the theatre of heightening tensions. Threats abound. Insecurity spreads. War has come back. The impacts of human activity on the planet and beyond create immense challenges and completely novel geopolitical stakes.
How can we make sense of this changing world that could also become inhospitable? How can we take good decisions for the future? How can we anticipate, repair, adapt?
Our philosophy is to help you meet the need for strategic foresight and early warning in a world of complex uncertainties.
An understanding of geopolitics grounded in knowledge and experience, spearheaded by PhDs
A strong methodology developed by scientists and adapted to complex issues
Imagination, system-thinking and thinking out of the box
Think-Tank and Publications
More than a website, a path to handle geopolitics and uncertainty
To understand this changing world and foresee what could happen, we have a twin approach. We mix methodology as well as research and analysis on real world issues with geopolitical and international security stakes.
We publish these articles here on the website to help you discover strategic foresight, early warning besides geopolitical issues and their stakes.
If you are new to geopolitics and strategic foresight and warning, the video we created as a trailer for our training will give you some first introductory insight.
Our latest articles
- Apocalypse in the Red Sea – Anthropocene Wars (9)(Art direction and design: Jean-Dominique Lavoix-Carli) Given the speed and political density of the historic sequence opened by the war in Gaza, this third article only covers the period from 20 October 2023 to 10 February 2024. In December 2023, the Pentagon launched Operation Prosperity Guardian in the Red Sea. The operation is the U.S. …
- Understanding a Protest Movement and its CrescendoFarmers’ protests have spread throughout Europe (notably France, Germany, Hungary, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania…) since at least mid-2023 with escalation at the start of 2024, as well as in India although for different reasons. In this light, we republish two articles that address the issue of protests and how they should or could be answered. …
- Which Country has the most Influence in the World?(Art direction and design: Jean-Dominique Lavoix-Carli) Given the escalating geopolitical tensions at the beginning of 2024, it is crucial to understand the evolution of the international influence of players on the world stage and its trends. In this article, we offer a vision of this international influence and how it changed over time, since the …
- How to Create New Civilizations (2)? Creation and Mimesis(Art direction: Jean-Dominique Lavoix-Carli) How can we create new civilizations adapted to the challenges of the present and of the future? Can we do it despite tremendous pressures such as climate change, or blows such as defeat at war? In this series of articles, we use Toynbee’s masterful A Study of History to explore the …
- From the War in Gaza to the Great U.S.-China War (2)?(Art direction: Jean-Dominique Lavoix-Carli – design with DALL-E 2) Given the speed and political density of the historic sequence opened by the war in Gaza, the second article in this new RTAS series only covers the period from 27 October to 20 November 2023. In the first part of this series, we saw how the …
- Using Videos for Scenarios: The Future Operational Environment 2035-2050(Screenshot from the video FOE 2035-2050 Army Futures Command) Once valid scenarios for the future are built, we still need to deliver them to policy-makers and decision-makers. We need to understand the various challenges implied by the communication of strategic foresight products, and among them all the biases and traps that may hinder this communication, …
- The war in Gaza and China’s pivot to the Middle East(Art direction and design: Jean-Dominique Lavoix-Carli) Given the speed and political density of the historic sequence opened by the Gaza war, the first article in this new RTAS series covers only the period from 7 to 27 October 2023. Introduction: A new war in a new Middle East On 27 October 2023, Israel’s military launched …
- How to Create New Civilizations (1)? Challenges and Pressures(Art direction and design: Jean-Dominique Lavoix-Carli) The first decades of the 21st century present human societies with many challenges. At times, it appears our very civilizations are at stake. Can we create new better-adapted civilizations? What are the alternatives? What can we learn from the works that have examined the history of civilisations? Between the …
- The Red Team Analysis Society selected for Frontex June 2023 Industry DaysWe are happy to share with our readers our selection for Frontex June 2023 Industry days. Frontex explains what are its Industry days as follows: “Frontex assists the EU countries in supporting the development of modern technologies for the European Border and Coast Community. As part of its mandate, Frontex regularly meets with industry, researchers, …
Some customers and references
We strive to build a relationship of trust with every client. We do not publicize our work for our clients. We do not mention the name of our private and public clients when the work is confidential.
Here are some of customers and references we can mention:
EESTI MALU INSTITUUT ･ ALTERRE BOURGOGNE-FRANCHE-COMTE ･ ESFSI ･ CIVIPOL ･ EUROPEAN COMMISSION (PROGRAMS COUNTER-TERRORISM AND PREVENTION OF RADICALISATION) ･ AXA ･ RESOCLUB ･ PJ – SCRC – ONSTS ･ BPI FRANCE ･ NATO INNOVATION CENTER ･ OECD – SWISS CHANCELLERY ･ ARF ･ EEAS ･ TUIC ･ EUROPEAN COMMISSION – LEAGUE OF ARAB STATE LIAISON OFFICE (EC-LASLO) ･ LIFE DEFENSE NATURE ･ SCPO-PSIA ･ ANSSI ･ WEF ･ NORDIS ･ GCSP ･ AXA FUND FOR RESEARCH AND IFRI ･ LUTHER COLLEGE ･